We have put together a list of items to consider for your elective.
- White coat
- Disposable gloves
- Plastic aprons
- Face mask (with visors)
- Antiseptic hand scrubs
- Liquid plaster
- Theatre shoes
- Accommodation essentials: bedding, mosquito net, insect repellent, antibacterial hand wipes
Think carefully about the following questions in respect to your purchases:
- Can I guarantee the hospital/clinic/etc will be able to provide me all my protective wear for the duration of my elective?
- Does the speciality I am working in require these items? Is it a surgical specialty? Is it community based?
- Could I just buy a few items to manage for the first week or 2, then stock up when I get there?
- Will I be working outdoors?