Is this elective for me?
This elective program is for you if:
- You attend a medical school within in the UK
- Interested in medical experience in the Nigeria
How do I apply?
- Sign up to the mailing list – get connected with us! You’ll be the first to know of our bursaries, competitions, projects, events and give away!
- Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV, with a headshot photograph
- Letter of medical student status
- Detailed Elective Plan – click here to download form
- Pay the admin fee – £180 (inc VAT) – click here to make a payment
What’s included in the welcome pack?
- Medics’ Inn Elective Guide
- Contact numbers
- Medics’ Inn Welcome gift
- Optional Elective pack (purchased via shop): white coat, disposable personal protective equipment, note book, pencils, pens, small note pad
- Optional rental (£5 per item/week): hand torch with batteries, mobile phone with Nigerian network sim card, power bank, theatre shoes*
* hand torch with batteries – refundable deposit £5, mobile phone, sim card and charger – refundable deposit £30; power bank refundable deposit £10, theatre shoes refundable deposit £10
What does the administration fee pay for?
Pays for Medics’ Inn to organise a 4 week placement in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Abuja University Teaching Hospital elective on your behalf. We’ll provide you with a letter of acceptance from host institution and a clinical supervisor.
Can an elective in other specialities be arranged?
We plan to support students better in the future buy organising electives in a variety of specialities, for now we only offer an elective in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. But if you are eager to go on our elective programme, but passionate about another speciality, please contact us as soon as possible via email (email@example.com) and we will do our best to accommodate this.