Unfortunately, due to COVID, may of you students have missed out on the opportunity to complete your medical placement abroad as hoped. But there is still hope for 2022. Going on your medical elective abroad is not without risk, COVID can still be present in clinical and non-clinical settings and there may be regional variants. It is important to consider the following:
- Firstly, seek direct advice from your medical school – they can provide clear and accurate information for your specific situation
- Perform your risk assessment to determine your level of risk – inform your medical school and placement provider
- Keep your medical school and placement provider up to date if your risk changes so reasonable adjustments can be made
- The COVID Vaccine – strongly consider taking the COVID vaccine, this can provide safe and effective protection
- Start the planning early – like pre-COVID, planning your placement abroad can take quite some time, which is often under-estimated
- Stay up-to-date with the current travel information provided on gov.uk website
Over the next few weeks Medics’ Inn will answer all of your elective and placement abroad questions. Sign up to our mailing list so you don’t miss out on the helpful information we’ll share.
Also drop us an email (email@example.com) or send us a private message on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with your questions – we’re here to help!
Pages to visit:
Medics’ Inn Medical Elective Programme
Medics’ Inn Medical Placement Programme
Apply for the Medics’ Inn Medical Elective Programme or Medics’ Inn Medical Placement Programme